Mainely Ticks uses a high pressure, high volume spray, which agitates and penetrates into the leaf litter and dense habitat where ticks live. Our products are EPA registered and proven to kill deer ticks, dog ticks and lone star ticks.
Mainely Ticks’ proven spray protocol is the most immediate and effective method of managing the tick population on your property. Each property is unique and the annual number of treatments will vary depending on wildlife activity, landscape considerations and the level of protection. At the very minimum, we highly recommend the early spring and fall applications.
Thermacell Tick Tubes and/or Tick Control System boxes (TCS) are available as add-ons to our area sprays or as a no spray option. Tick Tubes and/or TCS boxes are a long-term solution to reducing tick density, and are placed two times per year around the perimeter of your property, in areas such as flower beds, stone walls, under storage sheds, vegetable gardens and other areas that mice and chipmunks frequent. Our technicians will detail both systems and provide you with pricing upon their visit.
Tick Control Through Education
The more you know about ticks and the environments in which they thrive the more you will know how to prevent them, avoid them, and identify them if necessary.
Education first and foremost. We are professional educators by trade! Since 2004, our goal has been to provide you with professional services along with current & comprehensive learning resources to protect you and your family against vector-borne diseases. Please read through the information in our Education pages and take a moment to read our Vision, Mission, and Guiding Principles.
We pride ourselves on Attention to Detail
Mainely Ticks licensed technicians will meet with you to identify areas of your property that need protection and discuss a treatment
protocol that is best for your needs.
Our professionals will provide you with:
- A FREE pair of our fine-pointed magnified tick-removal tweezers. (Also handy for splinters!)
- A FREE educational brochure that includes information on landscape modifications, personal protection strategies, and a full review of the two-year life cycle of the deer tick, which details why our multi-spray protocol is essential in maintaining ongoing protection and creating change that is permanent.
- A FREE full-color tick ID guide to determine the type of ticks that you’re likely to find on your property.
- Detailed information about the procedures we use. We make sure you don’t have any questions remaining when we leave.
- Here’s a great place to start – review our Frequently Asked Questions
Remember, when it comes to tick-borne illnesses,