Tick Management through Education & Science
Bob and Barb Maurais, the management team for Mainely Ticks Franchise Development, Inc., develop, coordinate and deliver all educational materials and Barb serves as webmaster and coordinator of mainelyticks.com. Bob is a member of the National Integrated Pest Management (IPM) Working Group. Over the past 14 years, Bob and Barb have hosted and/or participated in numerous tick education seminars, workshops and symposiums.
Ed Maurais has supervised all area treatments for our York & Cumberland County’s affiliate since Mainely Ticks’ founding in 2004.
We believe that this commitment to education and prevention is what sets us apart from other pest control companies. We are on the forefront of new techniques and educational materials; striving to support customers with scientifically proven ways to treat ticks and mosquitoes.
To protect people, pets, and properties from ticks and tick-borne illnesses with a personal, professional, and effective tick management program centered around education and awareness.
Tick Management through education and science. A world of difference.
- We believe that prevention of tick-borne illnesses is the best prescription.
- We believe that tick management is best achieved through a combination of education and science.
- We believe that educational efforts on a local, regional, national, and global level need to be proportional to the growing threat of tick-borne illnesses.
- We provide customers with educational strategies and resources to reduce the risk of future tick encounters.
- Our science utilizes the least toxic EPA-approved chemistry, proven application techniques, and properly-timed treatments.
- We view each customer as a friend with a personal story to tell.
- We develop a relationship of trust, and together we craft a personalized protection strategy.
- We honor our commitments.
- We maintain integrity in all we do.
- We exceed the expectations of our customers.
Over the past two years Mainely Ticks has surveyed more than 1,000 customers with a nearly 50% return rate! 98.5% of respondents indicated that they would be "Extremely Likely" to recommend the services of Mainely Ticks to a friend, family member or colleague.
As a locally owned-small family business, we are extremely proud of these numbers!
Our job is not to simply treat to protect one’s property – our job is to teach to better protect one’s community.