Founded by Ed & Bob Maurais, Mainely Ticks is proud to have served the community since 2004!
From the beginning, Ed Maurais has coordinated and supervised all area treatments, while Bob and Barb Maurais coordinate and deliver all educational programs. Both professional educators, Bob retired from teaching after a 31 year tenure. In 1996, Bob was honored with the Maine Teacher of the Year Award. Barb is employed as a Title I Reading paraprofessional in RSU#14 and serves as Educational Resources/Webmaster for Mainely Ticks.
Together, Bob and Barb have hosted and participated in scores of Tick Education symposiums and belong to several local Lyme support groups and Tick Prevention groups, including the Tick IPM (Integrated Pest Management) Working Group. We believe that this commitment to education and prevention is what separates us from other pest control companies out there. We are on the forefront of new techniques and products, always striving to find the newest, safest ways to treat for ticks and other insects.
To protect people, pets, and properties from ticks and tick-borne illnesses with a personal, professional, and effective tick management program centered around education and awareness.
Tick Management through education and science. A world of difference.
- We believe that prevention of tick-borne illnesses is the best prescription.
- We believe that tick management is best achieved through a combination of education and science.
- We believe that educational efforts on a local, regional, national, and global level need to be proportional to the growing threat of tick-borne illnesses.
- We provide customers with educational strategies and resources to reduce the risk of future tick encounters.
- Our science utilizes the least toxic EPA-approved chemistry, proven application techniques, and properly-timed treatments.
- We view each customer as a friend with a personal story to tell.
- We develop a relationship of trust, and together we craft a personalized protection strategy.
- We honor our commitments.
- We maintain integrity in all we do.
- We exceed the expectations of our customers.
Our Happy Customers Say
Over the past two years Mainely Ticks has surveyed more than 1,000 customers with a nearly 50% return rate! 98.5% of respondents indicated that they would be "Extremely Likely" to recommend the services of Mainely Ticks to a friend, family member or colleague.
As a locally owned-small family business, we are extremely proud of these numbers!
Our hope isn’t that you need pest removal. Our hope is that when you do, you think of us.