Mainely Ticks uses a high pressure, high volume spray, which agitates and penetrates into the leaf litter and dense habitat where ticks live. Our products are EPA registered and proven to kill deer ticks, dog ticks and lone star ticks.
Mainely Ticks’ proven spray protocol is the most immediate and effective method of managing the tick population on your property. Each property is unique and the annual number of treatments will vary depending on wildlife activity, landscape considerations and the level of protection. At the very minimum, we highly recommend the early spring and fall applications.
Thermacell Tick Tubes and/or Tick Control System boxes (TCS) are available as add-ons to our area sprays or as a no spray option. Tick Tubes and/or TCS boxes are a long-term solution to reducing tick density, and are placed two times/year around the perimeter of your property, in areas such as flower beds, stone walls, under storage sheds, vegetable gardens and other areas that mice and chipmunks frequent. Our technicians will detail both systems and provide you with pricing upon their visit.
Education, First & Foremost
We are professional educators by trade! Since 2004, our goal has been to provide you with professional services and current & comprehensive resources to protect you and your family against vector-borne diseases. Take a moment to read our Vision, Mission, and Guiding Principles.
Planning a birthday party, family gathering, or graduation party? Our party sprays will significantly reduce the number of ticks, mosquitoes, and other insects that weren’t invited to your function, making for a safer and more enjoyable gathering! Either one or two treatments available.
Our Perimeter Plus program allows us to give extra attention to those lawn areas frequently used by your family that may harbor existing ticks.
We pride ourselves on attention to detail.
Mainely Ticks licensed technicians will meet with you to identify areas of your property that need protection.
Our professionals will provide you with:
- A FREE pair of our fine-pointed magnified tick-removal tweezers. (Also handy for splinters!)
- A FREE educational brochure that includes information on landscape modifications, personal protection strategies, and a full review of the two-year life cycle of the deer tick, which details why our multi-spray protocol is essential in maintaining ongoing protection and creating change that is permanent.
- A FREE full-color tick ID guide to determine the type of ticks that you’re likely to find on your property.
- Detailed information about the procedures we use. We make sure you don’t have any questions remaining when we leave.
- Here’s a great place to start – review our Frequently Asked Questions